Here is a recipe that was shared by a customer of ours back in 2009. The secret is that the frosting is in the cake which keeps it very moist. This recipe is extremely easy to make and a crowd pleaser. Great for church socials, dinner parties, and cake sales. We have also used it for cupcakes and mini cupcakes. You can also substitute Chocolate cake mix, which tastes like German Chocolate cake, but all-in-one.
- Pecan Bundt Cake Mix (Duncan Hines preferred)
- Coconut Pecan Frosting (Duncan Hines Creamy Home Style Frosting preferred)
- 4 eggs
- ¾ Cup Canola or Vegetable Oil
- 1 Cup Water
Pre-heat oven to 375°
Standard Bundt Cake Pan (Sprayed with Non-Stick cooking spray)
In a large bowl mix eggs, oil, and water, then add cake mix and stir for two minutes. Add frosting and mix until incorporated. Pour into Bundt pan and bake for 45-60 minutes, until toothpick comes out cleanly. Dust with powdered sugar when cooled.
- Bake in a 9”x13” pan.
- Bake in mini muffin pan (with mini cupcake papers).
- Before pouring into Bundt pan, take ¼ cup chopped pecans dusted with powdered sugar and place in bottom (top) of pan.
- You may also substitute with chocolate cake mix.