Since 1919 in Wuppertal (just north of Solingen), Germany, Berger has been manufacturing manual cutting tools for the green industry. Their extensive range of tools are ideally crafted for the landscape, gardening, agriculture, horticulture and arboriculture industry. Berger has a long history in hot-drop forging, grinding, hardening and assembly of tools. This is their assurance of cutting precision, quality, ergonomics and user safety.
In January of 1918, the merchant Julius Berger started a tool-wholesale company in Wuppertal-Cronenberg. Sometime around 1930 the company started producing garden tools. The products were designed on site and produced on the machines that had Berger had developed himself. In 1972, Arno Berger took over the company management. During the following years investments were consequently made in expanding the product range, manufacturing plant and developing a high quality production process. Rival companies in Solingen and Ennepetal were taken over and relocated to the company headquarters in Wuppertal.
Since 2005, the family business has been in the capable hands of Ina and Julian Berger continuing the family tradition of professional Tools "Made in Germany” with satisfaction assured through premium quality.